Monday, February 18, 2013

Press Kits


I don't see many artists putting together a decent PRESS KIT so I decided to mention it here.....
  • The Bio – Create a one-page bio that is interesting to read. Try not to get to wordy.
  • The Photo – Arrange a photo shoot; if you take this seriously, you will benefit deeply. Create a photo that is clear, light, and attention-grabbing. Showing movement is a great benefit. How I hate the wall lean but that's another story.
  • The Articles, Quotes & CD Reviews – Getting that first article written about you can feel daunting. A great place to start is any music websites or blogs you like. Believe me there are people on the internet willing to do it. Go through your social media and see what folks are saying about you and your music.
  • The CD – The CD artwork, like the press kit, must be well thought out. Send a link so the writer can download the tracks. When you do have your CD ready and it is being sent to a targeted press list, full artwork is always preferred. Put your phone number and contact info in the CD so if it gets separated from the press kit, the writer knows how to contact you.

A press kit can let people know how serious you take yourself. So while you've got the time put one together. as a matter of fact if you put one together and send it to me I'll tell you what's missing and what you need to fix. 
I'm just that nice.



I SUPPORT MUSIC

Until next time ... Hit me up!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter

You know how we do...It's all about the music!

No comments:

Post a Comment