Saturday, June 26, 2010

Let's Talk Love

I decided to end this week with a love song...(well not really song literally) But I wanted to talk about love. I had a wonderful night out recently and I was slightly deflated by what could have been a big mistake, I knew it then and definitely know it now.
But It got me thinking about what "Being in Love" was/is like. I was told recently "I still love you, you know." I smirked because in my head I thought "I used to love you."


He says he still loves me. All I can say is I used to love him.

I remember that one, for whom my heart skipped.
The one that made me smile day after day, after day. I used to love him.
Every morning I longed to hear his voice, I wanted to see his face.
I felt lost in everything that was him.
He stole my heart.

I thought that all that he was was all that I needed.
He was the truth in my life. He was my addiction. I used to need him.
He was my life while kept drowning in him, and I held him tight.
I was overwhelmed by him being near.
He was in my mind.

After I'd given my everything and I felt nothing.
He was still in my bones like marrow that strengthens. How I longed for him.
Like the ocean kissing the shore, I felt him all around.
I'm entranced by the power that he possesses.
I think about him.

I am his queen, he claims to worship my grace
He finds my beauty to be his prisoner and he's trapped. He needs me.
He thinks about what I'm thinking, he wants me to be near.
I'm every woman to him and he can't help himself.
He says he loves me.

Mmmmmmmmm
I remember I used to love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment