Monday, June 28, 2010

Star Power

It's the day after the BET Awards and I guess I should talk about it... let's be honest!

  • Pre Show was a snooze fest. It's unfortunate that the highlight of that was watching Trey Songz mama...that woman has a 25 year old son.
  • I love Queen Latifah but the writers of those jokes need to be fired.
  • Was it just me or did everyone seem slightly off their game?
  • Lorenz Tate is a very underrated actor.
  • I am now convinced that Kanye thinks he's God!
  • Where the heck did BET find Eldra Debarge (I wanted to break out singing "Who's Johnny?")
  • Trey Songz seemed genuinely overwhelmed by his very presence at the awards. His "cockiness" as people seem to always refer to it as... is him being an entertainer. Would you believe him if he wasn't cocky with his "ACT"? It works!
  • Eminem we've missed you!
I'm doing a separate entry for Prince, he deserves that, so on to Chris Brown.

I think it's time to leave him alone.

I would never condone anytype of domestic violence. They were dating so that's what the police would call it. I think people need to give Chris a break. I honestly think he's sorry. I think that situation got blown out of proportion. As a woman, I've repeatedly taken my male companions to the edge of that "Woman I'll knock the hell outta you" line. If you have a man that's not usually violent you know the signs and you know when to stop. I'm not saying this is what happened and once again I DON'T CONDONE VIOLENCE!

But everyone needs to let it go now...he's sorry. Destroying his life is not the answer. What he needed then and needs now is a shoulder.

Let's get this straight..first off Chris is a brilliant entertainer. So was MJ.
Chris Brown can dance his light brown tail off. So could MJ.
Chris Brown made a mistake that people no matter how good he is or will ever be some people will always use it to define him. So did Michael.

Chris Brown's Michael Jackson tribute left me speechless. I have a renewed respect for Brown...why? A lesser person would've folded and allowed the pressure to destroy them from the inside. I don't think his detractors bothered him as much as the industry did. He couldn't have been worried about his fans because they would understand (fans are like that)! But his industry made him into a monster.

Now that he has tearfully broken down in front of the world. Hopefully there is enough forgiveness around the industry to just let him be.

----------------
Now playing: Prince - Purple Rain

No comments:

Post a Comment