Sunday, March 27, 2011

CountDown to D.O.C.

In exactly 8 days, an historic world exclusive event is going to happen, and I plan to be a part of it. Matter of fact, if you're a fan of West Coast rap, scratch that, if your a fan of rap period you need to need to tune in. April 5th at www.indacriblive.com for the first time in years, Tracy Curry aka D.O.C (formerly of Death Row Records) is gonna speak about what's happened since the last time we heard from him. He'll talk about the surgery to restore his vocal cords, his label and his upcoming projects.

Any West Coast rap fan should remember this line from then Dr. Dre
"Back when Cube - was rollin wit Lorenzo in a Benzo I was bangin wit a gang of instrumentals, got the pens and pencils, got down to business; but sometimes the business end of this shit can turn your friends against you - but you was a real nigga, I could sense it in you - I still remember the window of the car that you went through, that's fucked up - But I'll never forget the shit we been through, and I'ma do whatever it takes to convince you, cuz you my nigga ..."
Ten years later we'll find out if that's still true.

Be there to hear straight from one of the ill-est lyricist to pen a rhyme, what he has planned for the hip hop world as we've come to know it. I KNOW this one's gonna be good. Remember to mark your calendar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment