Monday, March 28, 2011

Who's Got Next - Skrill Dilly



I don't know how early New Orleans export Skrill Dilly realized that he had the entertainer bug. But his all around persona is entertaining. When I first became exposed to this talent, I had started following a hashtagged "#DillyQuotes". And after some investigation, I found the inspiration and humor was coming from Skrill Dilly .




Formally Yung Skrilla, this rapper from New Orleans, Louisiana has released a number mixtapes and recently hosted a three day weekend fan appreciation retreat for his fans. That in itself impressed me. Who does that?


He may not want this tag, but I describe Skrill Dilly's rhymes as "feel good rap". Because that's how his music makes me feel. Whether he's talking about his rims in "My Rims" or he's describing a backside like an elephant in "On My T-Pain", his references make you smile and his beats make you nod your head.

The other thing about Skrill is he's not a "flash in the pan rap artist. Honestly here is what I look for in my rap!

Realism - When he raps I believe him. I don't like bipolar music, don't be party boy rap with me one day and the next you wanna be gangsta. And if you're gonna do that I have to believe it.

Artistry - You know how I feel about showmanship in my entertainers. I've seen him Ustream, (under my alias ;-) )and I know he can put on a show.

Perseverance - Despite what you think the rap game is hard to maneuver through than any other genre, you're constantly forced to prove something. Skrill has proven that he has the BALLS (pardon the expression) to stick it out in this game!

This guy's got all three!!! He's one to look out for, FOR SURE!







Why do I think Skrill Dilly's got next?
He's a refreshing change. He's a hustler. He's actually TALENTED!!!




I gave his single Get Like Me  5 stars




Check out single and learn more about Skrill on WWW.SKRILLDILLY.COM. Or follow him on twitter if you dare Skrill-Dilly 





 7 days to
 D.O.C.








I SUPPORT MUSIC

Until next time ... Hit me up!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter
You know how we do...It's all about the music!

1 comment:

  1. I love the article! Skrill Dilly is so down 2 earth and so in touch with his fans. I follow his music career in every aspect. I even became a "Dilly Girl". Join him in his weekend retreat as well as his WEEKLY ustreams. I love him and all his music! And i kno in my heart that in the days 2 come there is nothing but good things 2 come!!!!

    ReplyDelete