Friday, January 21, 2011

TGIFunky - The 90's Funky Club Jams

I don't know why I started thinking about 90's Club Jams so much lately but they've been on my mind...A LOT! Maybe it's because many of those songs had a quality that made us love them. It wasn't that we couldn't find better songs, we just loved that bounce, that rhythm, that groove! And speaking of groove...who remembers



Ahh the Club Hits of the 90's! I couldn't quite tell you how old I was when most of these songs were popular but I do recall listening to my walkman. My current extraordinary dance skills aside,  I bounced and pranced around my bedroom. They didn't say much lyrically but they were head bopping rhythms that if you played them loud enough made you think the lights were off, the strobe was on and the deejay was pumping.


Ok I don't have the space for all the videos but I can list them. And sure as you're reading this list, it screams "Where are they now?", but come on you loved them as much as I still love them.

I'm Too Sexy - Right Said Fred
Me, Myself and I - De La Soul
Back to Life - Soul II Soul
Bust a Move - Young MC
Wild Thang - Tone Loc
Groove Me - Guy
All That She Want - Ace of Base
Short Dick Man - 20 Fingers
Supermodel (You Better Work)  - RuPaul
I Like to Move It - Reel to Reel

So today's Funky Friday salute goes to 90's Funky club jams. I think I'll make my own compilation Cd


You want to hear some more of the hits of Yesteryear Check Out DJ ChokeDeezy's Back In the Day Sway every Saturday, 7 - 11 EST, 6-10 CST on WWW.SPINDATMUSIC.COM

No comments:

Post a Comment