Monday, September 20, 2010

Music Makers - Charlie Wilson



His parents named him Charles Kent Wilson. Snoop calls him "Uncle Charlie". It works for me. But even if you're unfamiliar with Rapper Snoop Dogg's music, if you've ever heard the GAP BAND you know who Charlie Wilson is.

My parents were deep into gospel music. (Preachers) But I grew up around that Gap Band sound. For me Charlie Wilson was hot and smooth all at the same time. Sure he's old enough to be my father but I'm musical so a good set of vocal pipes will entice me quicker than any lame pick up line or set of chiseled abs will.

I actually own Charlie Wilson's Charlie, Last Name Wilson. I was ecstatic when Uncle Charlie came out in 2009.

I'm sure if you were to ask them today; singers like Guy, Aaron Hall, Keith Sweat, R. Kelly and even more recently R&B crooner Trey Songz can attribute parts of their style to Charlie Wilson!

I thought about "Uncle Charlie" this weekend and just knew that today's blog post had to be dedicated to him.

So from "You Dropped A Bomb On Me" to "There Goes My Baby"... Thanks for Bridging the Gap!

You Dropped A Bomb On Me



There Goes My Baby

No comments:

Post a Comment