Thursday, September 30, 2010

Retro Thursday - Aunt Bea's Party Songs

I remember before my Aunt "found Jesus", she had the best parties. She was VP of a bank and for the most part, the "events" were glitzy, but she was also friends with a Deejay so he would always be there with the newest hits(told you my life has ALWAYS been surrounded in music).

I remember because we were kids we were often "banished" to one of the bedrooms, but I didn't mind because that always meant that we were not too far from the Deejay. And as I lay beneath the window, not only did I feel the bass come through the floors but the music called out to me through the walls....Okay I'm being dramatic, but honestly with every party I left humming a new song and today during my "Retro Thursday" I remember a few of those tunes!


I think I sang this song everyday for a week...and it's still my life long dream!















I don't know how many of my readership can remember ANY of those songs but they take me back to days when life was just a backyard party away.

Until next time remember to ....

Long for your dreams, Live them out, Laugh at your heartaches and Love every minute of this life (Book of Ali) 

No comments:

Post a Comment