Monday, September 6, 2010

The Soundtrack Of Your Life

I just heard Jermaine Dupri rap to Christopher Cross' "Sailing" with his "Take Me Away" song on his recently released "I Think I'm Berry Gordy" mixtape. Download from his Global 14 blog here. Aside from JD's obvious message to the record and entertainment industry (touches how the industry has changed), I smiled at his choice of music. I smiled because at the very beginning he says, "A lot of you ain't gonna understand this....". I believe it's true.

I felt JD's heart on the whole thing, but more so listening to the track I was transported to a point in my life where things were altogether much more simple. It made me extremely nostalgic. I began to think how much music has played such an important part in my life. So much that there are certain songs that when played it's as if I'm physically in that moment of time.

I remember singing, "I Want to Know What Love Is" on the day I was almost struck by lightning at seven years old, and every time I hear it now I smile! "Man in the Mirror" was playing when I had my first kiss... and more recently, "Tears in Heaven" played in my mind when my grandfather died.

Other songs that would definitely make the Soundtrack of my life would include:-
Up On The Roof - The Drifters
Shape of My Heart - Backstreet Boys
Lately - Divine
Didn't We Almost Have It All - Whitney Houston
Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
Papa Don't Preach - Madonna
True Colors - Cyndi Lauper
Saved the Best for Last - Vanessa Williams
Iris - Goo Goo Dolls

So what does your soundtrack sound like? I like the sound of mine...I think I'll go make a mix CD and call it, In the Key of A - The First Act.

No comments:

Post a Comment