Friday, September 10, 2010

The Music YOU Want


This an excerpt of a message I wrote to a well known music producer after having read comments addressed to him regarding one of his more popular artist. The comments left me thinking about the way superstars are made.


I begin to wonder if these people actually are listening to the music or just regurgitating stuff they've seen on the blogs.

I, for one have been aching for music that is being made for more than just to sell albums and make label heads happy. But we've been so programmed to love the popular, until even down to having an honest original opinion of what happens to be the sincerest and most widespread form of expression (music) is left for others to tell us what our opinions should be.

Most people don't even realize that the only reason they love most of the music they love is because it's been forced down their throat so much that they THINK they love it!

I want some of these people to give me an analysis of the quality of the music that they hear instead of just repeating the garbage they hear the bloggers say...but sometimes I expect too much from ROBOTS! After all they can only do what they've been programmed to do!

Most of what we deem POPular music is really music that has been marketed to the highest degree until we ourselves believe that it's the best thing! Listen to your mp3 player today what percent of the songs would you have played if you weren't bombarded with it by popular media outlets. The next time you download the "next big hit", here's a consideration....

Do I really like this music, or am I just a product of a brilliant marketing scheme?

Now Playing
Goo Goo Dolls - Iris .mp3
Found at bee mp3 search engine

No comments:

Post a Comment