Thursday, October 14, 2010

Retro Thursday - The Color of the 80's

Ok, I'm an 80's Junkie let's get that out there! While I loved the energy of the 90's. There was an expressionism of the 80's that has been trying to re-surge for the last two decades.

My mother would say my 80's was dress up and costumes. Boy George, Cyndi Lauper and Prince fan right here! But it wasn't just the chameleon-ism of that decade that I fell in love with. To me the 80's was filled the "I've got to make the music that makes me happy" attitude. 

When I think about then and now, it's like to make music you have to follow a pattern. People won't listen unless the formula is followed to the letter. It's because of that, I still rock a little Billy Ocean on my ipod, and get on the floor when I hear Billy Idol.

I think we'll get it soon enough, that emotion and expression that we once had in music...but until then....










AND MY THEME SONG!!!




Today's Musical Thought - Allow music to arouse your youth; bring you pleasure in you life; and be joy of your old age. 

Check Me Out FACEBOOK, TWITTER

Long for your dreams, Live them out, Laugh at your heartaches and Love every minute of this life (Book of Ali)   

No comments:

Post a Comment